Saturday, July 29, 2006

Joy turned the big 30, we partyed like pirates


Yo ho yo ho, the pirates life for us! This was a fun day, a hot day, a great day. Joy turned thirty which is the new twenty. We were at Lake Natoma, pretty nice, with lots of ducks and duck poo, but no matter, the kids were all over that lake. And it was at least 100 degrees. I think Camilla would say that it was like 38 degrees. The hottest shes ever felt, although she was'nt at this party, but i thought i'd throw that little tidbit in there. She ate her very first pb and j sandwich at my house, and she liked it. Sacramento, her new home is full of delightful new things. After that 1st pb and j she had at least one more the next day, she really likes em. So i'm thinking of her because she is these days showing scott all around her city, Oslo. It sounds like its been wonderful. Clean with a capital C and old and incredible. Scotts been swimming in a fjord and touring the marina and ancient wooden ships, and of course he eats everyday at, get this, 7-11. Why? The food is taxed as all get out. He has discovered these baguettes at 7-11 that cost 30 crowns, which is about 5 bucks, and i guess they are very good. Who could've thought? But he'll be home soon, and i'm spending my last few days without him at the very lovely home of Mrs. Sara Crompton. She cooks fantastic food, she bleaches my hair, she tours me around her town. Tomorrow the beach, tomorrow night a girls night, maybe find a desert diner or something special. We are loving this time and trying to figure out how i might move here. Would scott find enough work? Are the houses even within our reach? Sam said he'd move here in a heartbeat! He kept saying heartbeat and was so excited. I had said it first but he picked up on it right away. That little guy steals my heart and makes me fall in love with him more everyday. I love him, if i was on Oprah i would jump up and down just like Tom Cruise did over Katie Holmes. That guy might be just a little kookie, all that scientology... we should pray for that family. Well, this was a random blog but i think i was getting distracted every time bella would get another piece of plain bread out of the fridge. Not that i needed to keep track, but she ate three pieces and i know this because she'd come and eat them over me and the computer. These Crompton girls are delicious, and darling. Each so different and i just love em. I don't know how to sign off here, but i will. Til later, hopefully sooner. Love you all.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we are planning on moving to santa cruz after NC. :)

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Rebeca said...

You are the cutest pirate family EVER! Okay, well I haven't really seen too many pirate families to compare, but I'm sure you're up there. Happy birthday to Joy when you see her. I love that girl. I just turned 31 though and she's got nothin' on me when it comes to old age!
And give my love to Sara and her beautiful family too.
And I still say you all move to Eugene. :>

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

This was a great post Devon. I check in very often to hear about your life. I'm glad you are finding fun things to do while Scott is so far away. And the pirate pictures are incredible!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

awww. i'm so glad you had fun while scott was dining at 7-11 without you. i do wish that we could have dined with you tonight (not at 7-11 though)...soon. It's so good to have you back in blog-land again :) ... I can totally see Bella eating 3 pieces of plain white bread while watching you type! I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home