Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So, i know i know, i have'nt been writing here. Its mostly that i don't feel creatively inspired to do it, and i am busy and occupied beyond words. Alright, i do look at everyone elses blogs pretty much every day, and i'm a happy and content commenter. But here goes.... I'll jump around a little to catch you all up.
Looks like scottys going to norway on saturday and thats some pretty big news to report here, also we are finally getting down to see Sara and family at the end of the month.
You all probably know that we've been a two family household for the last two weeks (or more?). Its been real good and its been bad a little. I have NEVER cussed so much in my head ever before these last weeks, and i always have to think, i'm the adult, i'm the adult. It just gets DESPERATE sometimes. But 1/2 an hour later we're all chillin and better and maybe we catch our breath.
Candace is a strong angel and her kids are amazing little sprites. Subria says the funniest things, some picked up in India, some just because of the words she uses. Like if you ask her did she do something she might say I wouldn't know. Is that not so silly and cute? She makes us laugh a lot. India is a love and has this huge thing for shoes. Way cute. Then theres my darling babies. Sams imagination is growing daily and he'll sit with maybe two trucks and they will be talking to eachother. When i first noticed this i would grab a pen and paper and write it down, so we can laugh about it when hes big. One session went like this... "I want to go in the house" Why "Betause" Why "I too told out here" Otay. (C's sound like T's these days) This conversation was with just one truck on his lap, it could have been that his imaginary friends were together outside the truck, when one wanted in. If only you could hear his little voice, you all would be tickled. Now Patience, she is a baby with a heart of PURE GOLD! Not just gold, we're talking 24 karat. She sometimes gets roughed up by bigger kids, maybe scratched or bit or something. These things make her very sad, but she never comes away from it changed. The other day Eowyn came to visit and P had the chance to pick on someone smaller, you know it could happen, because what has she been learning from kids bigger than her? But no, she just wanted to LOVE the baby to the point of obsession. Kissing and kissing and hugging and coming around behind and trying to lift her under her arms. All very carefully and very lovey. I was so proud and admiring and eowyn liked it for a long long time. Patience is gonna be a good mama to her baby dolls and a great babysitter one day.
Now, I'll end with this. We are all doing as best we can and the days just fly by, so if you think that you could never live in a 1 bedroom home that is maybe 650 sq. ft with four adults and four kids that take up more space in a room than four adults, Trust us, it can be done. Candace has a good even temper and without her taking things as they come with good humor, i could'nt be doing as well as i am. Jared and Scott also handle themselves well and at least i keep my bad words in my head. I am not proud of that, so you can pray for me. We'll see if maybe i write some more soon, but if not just call me on my hoaky phone and when scott goes to norway, call me on the cell, or i'll call you.

6 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger 1weirdgirl said...

i didn't know they were staying there with you!!! WOW, that's impressive...even more so than when me and eddie lived in their room with them at the flat... then there was only subria.... oh please please please tell me you will take pictures of them all... and tell candace i say hi and i love her, and if you want or can, call me even just for one second so i know you'll answer and i'll call right back... we have ed's phone...ANYTIME HONEST!!! oh i miss small houses with lotts of kids!!! there's something i never thought i'd say.. but i did and i meant it
i love you, and am so glad you wrote, i check here twice a day

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger urban mama said...

glad to hear that you are all alive and well over there. Hope to see you soon, maybe at singing?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger WONDERWOMAN said...

WOW, I couldn't imagine much cooler girls to be stuck in one small house in than you and Candace. I can't too see all you guys when you come up here.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I don't know how you all are doing it, but my favorite thing in the world is how we've all lived in such crazy situations with each other and still love each other so much. That's so cute, how Sam makes his trucks talk to each other. I love you, Devon.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Rebeca said...

What's Scott going to Norway for?
Say hi to Jard and Candace for me. And tell them they really should come to Oregon! (I'm always scheming to get everyone to come here!)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh, devon...just reading your latest adventures makes me realize how much i miss you. i miss hearing the latest at 4015. i'm sad that you didn't make it up here this week, but maybe next week? in SF? love you lots and lots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home